Lamar Odom in discussion to retire as a member of Los Angeles Lakers



One of the most talented and unique players the NBA has ever seen is Lamar Odom. A 6’10 power forward with point guard skills, Odom was a major part of the 2009 and 2010 Los Angeles Lakers championship teams and won Sixth Man of the Year in 2011.
That all came to an end in the 2011 offseason when Odom was a part of the vetoed Chris Paul trade. Odom felt so betrayed by the Lakers deciding to move him that the franchise eventually agreed to trade him to the Dallas Mavericks, but he was never the same.
That trade from the Lakers basically ended my career and purpose,” Odom told The Vertical. “I was never really myself ever again. Being in L.A., the structure, the people I knew, it hurt leaving. I had great memories with the Lakers, with Kobe (Bryant) and Pau (Gasol). That was a special time in my life."
At some point, Odom will come full circle in Los Angeles, with plans being discussed for him to sign a contract to retire as a Laker in training camp.

"My family looks forward to me retiring as a Laker more than me," Odom told The Vertical. "I'm not really emotional about being praised, about signing for a day. I'm shy at the end of the day. For my son, for my family, for my fans, they may enjoy that day. It's for them.

"I ain't celebrating not playing no more. In life though, I've learned to live with regrets."

He was a truly great player and unfortunately his career was tragically cut short. Even though he's been out of the NBA for so long it will be nice to see his career gain some closure through retirement. 


Lamar Odom in discussion to retire as a member of Los Angeles Lakers Lamar Odom in discussion to retire as a member of Los Angeles Lakers Reviewed by Unknown on 7:50 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.